Understanding the FCVS application process
The FCVS is a major—and in many cases even essential—part of the physician licensing process. Once you’ve got a good grasp on what it is and what it’s for, you can determine the best course of action based on your professional goals.
If you’ve decided to apply, you’ll need to submit your Affidavit & Release form, Certification of Identification form, FCVS Authorization for Release form, NBME Exam History Release form, and all other required documents. At that point, the verification process can begin.
What information does the FCVS collect for verification?
During the verification process, the FCVS acquires primary source verification of the following items:
- Notarized Certification of Identification form and FCVS affidavit, including a photograph of yourself
- Copy of any name change documents and your birth certificate or passport
- Medical education
- Official transcript
- Completed Verification of Medical Education form
- Certified medical degree diploma
- Verification of Fifth Pathway (if applicable)
- Post-graduate training
- ACGME, AOA, or RCPSC-accredited internships, residencies, fellowships, and research
- Licensure examination history
- USMLE, COMLEX, Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC), and any qualified predecessor licensing exams
- ECFMG certification status report (if applicable)
- Licensure history including any sanction and specialty board certification information
Are there any additional fees associated with the FCVS?
Beyond the base fee for an initial application, some additional fees may arise as the FCVS team works to collect all of your information. They are as follows:
Once all of the necessary information is acquired, your completed profile will be thoroughly audited to be sure that all information has been received according to the FCVS requirements. After the audit has been completed, the final product can be sent to any entity you designate for credential verification.
Did you know that as a CardioSolution physician, all of your licensing expenses are covered? This includes individual state licenses, as well as the FCVS, Uniform Application, or Compact costs. We also have a team of talented individuals dedicated to making the application process as simple as possible! Learn more about employment with CardioSolution.